- 1998/1999 Fellow, Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, Stanford
- 2002 Bertil Danielsson Visiting Chair, Stockholm School of Economics and Gothenburg Business School
- Since 2003 Fellow, European Corporate Governance Institute, Brussels
- 2004 Member, Nominating Committee, American Finance Association
- 2005-06 Member, Economic Policy Panel.
- 2006-2010 Member, Council of the European Economic Association.
- 2007-2010 Member, Nominating Committee, European Economic Association
- Since 2008 Extramural Fellow, European Banking Center, Tilburg University
- Since 2009 Member, Heidelberg Academy of Sciences
- "Meilleur Enseignant en Premier Cycle," Ecole des HEC, Université de Lausanne, 2002
- "Excellence in Executive Teaching Award", Mannheim Business School, 2011
- Understanding Legal Architecture: Legal and Political Frameworks and Efficiency, Research and Training Network (RTN), European Union, 2000-2004 (co-manager)
- Financial Valuation and Risk Management, National Competence Center in Research (NCCR), Swiss National Science Foundation, 2001-2005 (co-manager)
- European Government Bond Markets (with M. Pagano and C. Favero), Fondation Banque de France, 2004 - 2006
- Risk and Liquidity in Financial, Goods and Factor Markets, Graduiertenkolleg (GK), German Science Foundation, 2006-2010 (lead manager)
- Empirical and Quantitative Methods in the Economic and Social Sciences, Initiative of Excellence Line 1, German Science Foundation, 2006-2011 (lead manager)
- Stability and Liquidity in Financial Markets, Sonderforschungsbereich TR-15, German Science Foundation, 2009 - 2015.